Groundbreaking Polymer Shingle Siding by CertainTeed to Debut at Remodeling Show
Attendees can look forward to a sneak peek at remarkably realistic cedar look-a-like shingles, as well as an engaging series of live demos, clinics and a high performance product line-up
(Valley Forge, Pa.) – The Remodeling Show is here, and CertainTeed Corporation is ready to dazzle with the unveiling of revolutionary Cedar Impressions® Individual Sawmill polymer shingles plus an expanded line-up of live clinics and demos. Now combined with DeckExpo and JLC LIVE, the Remodeling Show is one of the residential construction industry’s largest national events. However, attendees will easily find the CertainTeed Alley must-experience exhibit and training area, which stands out in and around booth #527, Oct. 1-2 at the Chicago Navy Pier Expo Hall.
Cedar Impressions Individual 5-inch Sawmill Shingles, the show’s big siding product premier, is an industry first that authentically captures the beauty of natural cedar like never before. Made of injection molded durable polymer with Color Blends throughout, the shingles replicate natural Eastern White and Western Red Cedar at various life stages. CedarLife™ colors honor the natural aging process of cedar by offering four color families and a progression of shades within each. This enables unique, random color patterns for one-of-a-kind exterior designs.
Individual 5-inch Sawmill Shingles install like real cedar shingles, and the patent-pending color-through variegated design with TrueTexture™ sawmill finish assures that shades and patterns will remain gorgeous for decades —without the upkeep. Moreover, the .090-inch thick shingles are designed and tested to withstand hurricane force winds, never need painting or staining and are backed by a lifetime limited warranty.
“With more than 110 years of experience in the industry, CertainTeed knows firsthand that product innovation and education go hand in hand, and we’re excited to take that commitment to the next level this year.” said Mara Villanueva-Heras, vice president of corporate marketing for CertainTeed Corporation. “Our new ‘have-to-see-it-to-believe-it’ polymer cedar shingle and our dynamic installation clinics are further evidence that we stand behind our construction industry partners’ success every step of the way.”
Can’t–miss live clinics hosted throughout the two-day expo at CertainTeed Alley:
- Roof Installation Essentials – New this year, nationally-known speaker and author Mike Guertin will teach attendees the critical roofing and flashing techniques required to install a roof that can withstand even the most extreme weather.
- Residential Drywall Clinics – Located on the JLC LIVE Stage, author and nationally respected contractor and instructor Myron Ferguson brings his exciting instructional series on the world of drywall. From hanging the first sheet and installing insulation, to laying the final coat of a first rate level 5 finish application, he provides detailed instructions to help build skills and knowhow for getting it right on-site.
The individual 5-inch Sawmill Shingles will be accompanied at the booth by CertainTeed’s unparalleled line-up of long-lasting, high performance exterior and interior products, most with instructional demos. Highlights include:
- CertainTeed Integrity Roof System™ - Comprised of underlayments, shingles, accessory products and ventilation, the Integrity Roof System provides optimum performance and is backed with an industry-leading, transferable warranty.
- CertainTeed Asphalt Roofing Shingles – The highly-popular Landmark® PRO shingles featuring Max Def color technology, Highland Slate™ designer shingles for those seeking the appearance of a natural slate roof, and the resilient yet elegant Grand Manor™ and Carriage House™ luxury shingles.
- Restoration Millwork® cellular PVC exterior trim - Available in TrueTexture™ woodgrain and smooth finishes and featuring UV resistance, it cuts and mills with traditional woodworking tools and fastens with nails or screws.
- SilentFX® Noise-Reducing drywall, GlasRoc® Diamondback® Tile Backer; and EasyFlex™ PRO and Aquabead®, featuring best-in-class structural laminate drywall corner technology.
- Forticel™ mold prevention coating for framing systems, Noise Reducer™ sound control batt insulation and Sustainable Insulation®, manufactured with a high percentage of recycled fiber glass and a plant-based binder that has no added formaldehyde, harsh acrylics, dyes or unnecessary fire retardants.
- Moreover, remodelers and contractors who enroll in CertainTeed’s CertainRewards™ Building Solutions loyalty program at the show are eligible for an additional $50 in rewards. For more information about the annual rewards program for purchasing and installing multiple CertainTeed products, visit www.certainrewards.com.
For clinic and demo schedules, visit www.certainteed.com/chicagotradeshow. For real-time updates during the show, follow @certainteed on Twitter.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Valley Forge, Pa., has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, and celebrating its 350th anniversary, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. For six consecutive years, the company has received top honors from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for its contributions in protecting the environment and was most recently the recipient of the 2014 ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence Award. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2014. www.certainteed.com