CertainTeed® to feature new cool roof colors, metal roofing, low-slope roofing resources at Western Roofing Expo (June 10-12)
Building materials manufacturer CertainTeed® will showcase a variety of commercial and residential roofing innovations during the 2018 Western Roofing Expo, taking place June 10-12 at the Paris Las Vegas Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. CertainTeed’s display at booth 303 will give attendees an opportunity to engage members of its roofing group about CertainTeed products, including roofing solutions well-suited to mitigate heat and other weather extremes found west of the Rockies.
From new cool roof asphalt shingle color offerings and integrated solar roofing solutions to durable and sustainable metal roofing options, CertainTeed will showcase a wealth of options to help keep buildings cooler and energy bills lower. Also on display will be a versatile selection of roofing underlayments and ventilation products, as well as new contractor resources and expanded credentialing opportunities for metal contractors.
Low-slope roofing customers will receive access to a new independent low-slope labor study commissioned by CertainTeed to help contractors more profitably deliver a quality, watertight roof system with limited labor resources. They will also have the opportunity to learn more about Flintlastic® SA, CertainTeed’s self-adhered SBS-modified bitumen roof system.
“Our presence at this year’s show will exemplify CertainTeed’s strong commitment to providing top quality products and solutions that meet the unique regional needs of our customers,” said Alex Pecora, director of product management for CertainTeed Roofing. “We have worked tirelessly to take roofing projects to the next level, to make our products more available, and to provide training and credentialing opportunities to contractors so they can get the best use out of their business and our products. Attendees to the 2018 Western Roofing Expo will be impressed to learn all that CertainTeed is doing across the roofing spectrum.”
This year’s featured products include:
- New Solaris® cool roof colors – A cool roof can significantly reduce your cooling energy costs and increase your comfort level by reducing temperature spikes in your home. CertainTeed’s Solaris® shingle collection puts cool roofing technology to work for you, with 31 dynamic cool roof colors across eight shingle types—one of the largest cool roof color assortments in the industry. New colors include Landmark Solaris in Moire Black and Presidential Solaris® and Presidential TL Solaris® in Charcoal Black, Country Gray, Shadow Gray and Autumn Blend. All Solaris colors can be used to comply with 2016 California Title 24, Part 6, Cool Roof Requirements.
- Metal Roofing – The award-winning Presidio® Metal Roofing collection replicates the colors, dimensions and details of traditional shake, slate and clay tile roofing in the form of lightweight steel panels. Each profile offers numerous cool roof color options that can be used to comply with 2016 California Title 24, Part 6, Cool Roof Requirements. Maintenance-free and protected by a lifetime-limited warranty, Presidio is 100-percent recyclable and comes with a Class A fire-resistance and Class 4 impact-resistance rating.
- Arcadia Shake® and NorthGate® - Arcadia Shake is available in a unique array of colors, including Solaris Cypresswood and Solaris Weathered Wood. These vibrant light and dark brown variations offer the unique charm of wood shake with the energy-saving benefits of cool roofing technology. CertainTeed’s Class 4 impact resistance-rated NorthGate SBS-modified asphalt shingle has greater flexibility and resists cracking even in extreme cold weather, allowing for year-round application. SBS also offers superior granule adhesion, which helps protect the shingle against the elements.
- Flintlastic® SA- CertainTeed’s signature self-adhered, SBS-modified bitumen roof system delivers the protection of traditional low-slope roofing for a fraction of the required labor and without mess, fumes or added safety risk. Learn how Flintlastic SA helps contractors get to the next job faster and with better profits.
- Low-Slope Labor Study – CertainTeed recently commissioned a low-slope labor study that is one of the most comprehensive studies of its kind to date, analyzing the installation of 45 different roofs with six different roof covers in 18 different configurations across the U.S. The goal of the study is to help roofing contractors extract more profit from their existing labor force by understanding factors that impact profitability with regards to labor. Learn more at certainteed.com/laborstudy.
- Solar – Looking to differentiate your solar offering? You’ll want to see the Apollo® II integrated solar roof system. Featuring a lightweight, all-black solar shingle with a low-profile installation, Apollo II integrates with asphalt roofing systems to provide a clean look that rack-mounted systems cannot match. The Apollo II system also offers a comprehensive warranty that covers the material components and the installer workmanship when the system is installed by a CertainTeed-credentialed installer. CertainTeed also offers the Apollo® Tile II system, which integrates with new or existing concrete tile roofs for smart and sustainable energy production.
- Ventilation and Underlayment Systems – CertainTeed will feature its premier underlayments, RoofRunner™, DiamondDeck® and WinterGuard®—all of which can be used as components of the CertainTeed Integrity Roof System—as well as MetaLayment®, a heat-resistant, advanced waterproofing underlayment for mechanically-fastened metal panel roofs. CertainTeed Ridge Vent and Rolled Ridge Vent, which promote proper airflow to keep homes cooler and help extend the lifetime of a roof system, will also be featured.
- Contractor Resources – CertainTeed works with contractors to ensure they have the training and knowledge to improve their business and deliver CertainTeed quality to their customers. CertainTeed will have information available on its wide array of Contractor Credentialing Programs, Loyalty Programs for continued CertainTeed customers, and new credentialing resources for metal contractors.
CertainTeed Roofing has a range of solutions to meet the needs of all regions of the United States and Canada. To learn more about CertainTeed Roofing’s complete line of product and service offerings, visit the Western Roofing Expo booth 303 or www.certainteed.com.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed®, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain®, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. The group had total sales of approximately $3.7 billion in 2017. www.certainteed.com.