CertainTeed Expands Restoration Millwork® Exterior Trim Offering, Enhancing Design Potential
(Valley Forge, Pa.) – CertainTeed has expanded its popular line of Restoration Millwork® cellular PVC exterior trim, beadboard and accessories, offering building professionals even greater freedom to create inviting exterior living spaces and boost curb appeal.
Restoration Millwork is engineered to look, feel and work like top-grade lumber. Unlike wood, however, it is made with a long-lasting, low-maintenance material that is resistant to rotting, warping, moisture and insects. It can be cut using ordinary woodworking tools and fastened with nails or screws. It is highly resistant to yellowing caused by UV rays, resists freezing during winter months, features a Class A (Class 1) flame spread classification and is backed by a 25-year limited warranty.
Additions to the Restoration Millwork product line include:
- Nail Hem Flange for One-Piece Corners, which is designed to quickly and easily install directly to the wall to avoid any face nailing of the corner. The flange is available in a 10-foot nominal length to work with either 10-foot or 20-foot corners.
- Trimboard with Cut-out, designed to allow a flush installation around new construction doors and windows with built-in nail flanges, without the need to make perfect miter cuts at the corners. Trimboard with Cut-out is available in CertainTeed’s TrueTexture™ woodgrain finish, as well as a smooth finish.
- New Trimboard sizes, available in smooth and woodgrain texture, that can help speed installation and reduce waste. Specifically, the 1 x 3-inch, 1 x 5-inch and 5/4 x 5-inch trimboards are now available in 18-foot lengths.
- A new 10-foot length has been added to the 4-inch Beadboard Panel for wider porch ceilings and other applications.
- Cove molding, which has a concave profile well suited to create an inside corner guard, to hide joints, or as a transition when used with other moldings.
- Historic sill molding—a larger design to match the style of colonial window sills, which features a slope from back to front to force water away from windows.
“Restoration Millwork brings true craftsmanship and creative detail to any home, and perfectly complements our extensive catalog of siding products,” said Patti Pellock, senior marketing manager for Restoration Millwork. “With a number of new sizes and profiles for easy installation in a broad range of applications, our new trim options are designed to make any design possibility a reality.”
Restoration Millwork is the first and only PVC exterior trim to be covered by an independent life cycle assessment (LCA), providing third-party verification of the product’s sustainability from cradle-to-grave. Restoration Millwork has also recently achieved GreenCircle Certified, LLC certification for Recycled Content, enhancing the sustainable appeal of the product line. With 21 percent recycled content, it is the only cellular PVC trim on the market to incorporate post-consumer recycled material, which further diverts usable material from being landfilled.
As the North American leader in siding products, CertainTeed offers Freedom of Choice™ that no other manufacturer can provide, with the most comprehensive spectrum of profiles and colors of polymer shakes, fiber cement siding, insulated siding, vinyl siding and trim for finishing touches. For more information, visit www.certainteed.com/freedomofchoice.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Valley Forge, Pa., has helped shape the building products industry for more than 100 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, foundations, pipe, insulation, gypsum, ceilings and access covers.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, the world’s largest building products company, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. Recognized as a 2009 and 2010 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, CertainTeed earned the 2011 and 2012 ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence Award, the highest level of recognition for outstanding contributions to protecting the environment through energy efficiency. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2012. www.certainteed.com