CertainTeed Announces Finalists for North American Trophy Awards Celebrating Outstanding Drywall Craftsmanship
19 projects selected to advance to renowned award competition in November
Malvern, Pa., August 22, 2019 – CertainTeed today announced the finalists for its 5th CertainTeed Gypsum Trophy Awards, which recognizes North American contractors and their projects that push the limits of construction and exemplify excellence in drywall design, installation, sustainability and craftsmanship.
“As a leading manufacturer of building materials including wall and ceiling solutions, we are honored to recognize the best use of gypsum products in our industry,” said Wayne Edgecombe, Vice President of Sales, CertainTeed Canada, Inc. “From tight timeframes and budgets, to environmental challenges and unique design requests, these finalists demonstrate the dedication and talent it takes to be an exceptional gypsum professional.”
Hosted every two years, the competition assesses drywall and finishing contractors in the US and Canada for their gypsum-related design skills across several categories, including creativity, innovation and sustainability. Finalists are invited to attend the 5th CertainTeed Gypsum Trophy Awards event in Phoenix, Arizona, November 7-9, 2019.
- Adoration Chapel, Level 5 Drywall (Bremerton, Washington)
- Brio, United Commercial (Bellevue, Washington)
- Franciscan Replacement Hospital, Kleckner Interior Systems, Inc. (Michigan City, Indiana)
- French Country Homes, REA Homes (St. Louis, Missouri)
- LA Passive House, Paravant Architects (Culver City, California)
- Multnomah County Central Courthouse, PCI Performance Contracting (Portland, Oregon)
- One Park, Z&J Construction (Cliffside Park, New Jersey)
- Pioneer Press House Apartments, NPD (St. Paul, Minnesota)
- Rosewood Miramar Beach, Montecito, Jade Drywall (Montecito, California)
- Silver Bay YMCA of the Adirondacks, Snyder's Drywall (Silver Bay, New York)
- The Paseos at Ontario, Jade Drywall (Ontario, California)
- The Standard, Marous Brothers Construction (Cleveland, Ohio)
- Westlake, Sareth Builders (Cleveland, Ohio)
- Humber College – Barrett Centre for Technology Innovation, Smith Brothers Contracting Corp. (Toronto, Ontario)
- Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital, Alpine Interiors (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan)
- Logements Carpe Diem, Les Gypses Miguel Patry (Lévis, Quebec)
- McMaster University Living Learning Centre, PJ Daly Contracting LTD (Hamilton, Ontario)
- NAIT Productivity & Innovation Centre, Kerr Interior Systems Ltd. (Edmonton, Alberta)
- St John’s International Airport Expansion and Renovation, Interior Specialties (St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador)
Of the finalists, three US companies and two Canadian companies will go on to become North American ambassadors at the 12th Saint-Gobain Gypsum International Trophy Awards, competing among contractors and their most prestigious projects from around the world in Athens, Greece, in April 2020.
“We are pleased to celebrate these contractors as finalists and recognize their accomplishments in the industry,” said Steve Hawkins, Vice President of Sales, CertainTeed Gypsum, Inc. “This recognition honors many outstanding projects, showcasing the diverse and creative ways drywall can be used as both a structural and design component of any project.”
To learn more about the CertainTeed Gypsum North American Trophy Awards, previous winners and the 2019 finalists, visit www.certainteed.com/Trophy.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, solar, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,900 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. The group had total sales of approximately $3.9 billion in 2018. www.certainteed.com.