Building Bigger Dreams Than Ever: CertainTeed Teams Up with Season Two of FOX’s HOME FREE Hosted by Tim Tebow and Mike Holmes
CertainTeed’s complete line of residential building products helps contestants build healthy, high performance new homes with exceptional curb appeal
(Malvern, Pa.) – CertainTeed, North America’s leading brand of building products, is expanding participation in HOME FREE, a home-building competition television series premiering Thursday, June 16 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
With guidance from celebrity contractor Mike Holmes and former NFL player, Heisman Trophy winner and sports analyst Tim Tebow, the series will challenge contestants as they compete to win a Dream Home for their personal heroes.
Season Two has a heartwarming emphasis on helping others. The new format focuses on 11 contestants working to win a Dream Home for their personal heroes – including a wounded warrior, a firefighter and an organ donor. Each week, those with the best work will move forward in the competition, while the contestants who didn’t perform well will face elimination. Each episode will feature surprises and twists as contestants vie to win the ultimate prize for a loved one.
For each project, contestants will have access to CertainTeed’s comprehensive line of building products, including siding, roofing, and fence, deck and railing on the outside and gypsum wallboard and insulation for the interior. The goal: to help them meet tight project deadlines while also ensuring beautiful, maintenance-free exteriors and complete indoor comfort for years to come.
“When we saw the life-changing impact ‘Home Free’ had on the people who appeared on the program last year, we knew we wanted to get even more involved for season two,” said John Crowe, president and CEO of CertainTeed Corporation. “Mike Holmes is a respected CertainTeed contractor partner, and is the perfect guide for the new cast of contestants, as they learn valuable lessons on proper building techniques and the importance of choosing the right products for each element of the project.”
During each episode, contestants will perform tasks designed to test and challenge their skills. Hosts Holmes and Tebow will be with the competitors every step of the way – critiquing their work and demanding they meet high quality standards, while also sharing expertise and pushing them to reach new heights.
An extensive selection of CertainTeed drywall, fiberglass insulation, roofing shingles and accessories, siding, trim, and fence, deck and railing products will be available to contestants to assist in beautifully constructing each home. A sampling of product choices include:
- Cedar Impressions® Polymer Shake and Shingle Siding – All the rugged charm of cedar without the high cost and maintenance, Cedar Impressions enhances a home’s look with the elegant, yet subtle appearance of finely crafted cedar shingles in half-round, staggered, or straight edge styles. More than 30 color options are available in three authentic TrueTexture™ finishes.
- Restoration Millwork® Cellular PVC Trim – Available in TrueTexture™ woodgrain and smooth finishes and featuring UV resistance, Restoration Millwork cuts and mills with traditional woodworking tools and fastens with nails or screws.
- Vinyl Carpentry™ – The most complete siding accessory line in the industry, Vinyl Carpentry includes window and door trim, corner systems, accents, wall and soffit transitions and functional trim such as j-channels and starter strips. Choosing the proper accessories can guarantee optimum performance, design flexibility, and aesthetic enhancement to create eye-catching curb appeal.
- Landmark® Roofing Shingles – A versatile, durable line of luxury and premium asphalt roofing shingles, Landmark offers classic shades and the appearance of natural wood or slate with the widest array of colors to suit any trim, stucco or siding. Landmark will keep a home comfortable and protected for years. The shingles are a key component of the CertainTeed Integrity Roof System™, comprised of underlayments, shingles, accessory products, and ventilation all working together to provide optimum performance and longevity.
- Matterhorn® Metal Roofing – Beautifully replicating the appearance of slate, clay tile and wood shake roofing, Matterhorn requires less maintenance, cost and worry than traditional materials. Manufactured with durable, deep drawn steel that is coated with a state-of-the-art exterior PVDF paint system, Matterhorn provides exceptional weather resistance and solar reflectance.
- EverNew® Kingston Vinyl Railing System – Available in White, Almond or Clay, it offers classic wood styling in a durable, low-maintenance classic broad-loaf design for both top and bottom rails with a choice of square or traditional balusters in two heights and two lengths.
- Bufftech® Vinyl Fence – Manufactured from premium quality polyvinyl chloride (PVC) for exceptional impact strength and UV resistance, Bufftech will not rot, warp, split or splinter. Its easy-care privacy or picket design comes in a variety of heights and leads the industry in colors, styles and textures including smooth, woodgrain and stucco finishes; and is backed by a lifetime limited warranty.
- AirRenew® IAQ Drywall – Specially designed to offer a healthier living environment by improving indoor air quality and offering peace of mind for generations, AirRenew uses proprietary technology to absorb formaldehyde and convert it into safe inert compounds. Once captured in the board, the chemicals cannot be released back into the air.
- Habito™ Drywall – The industry’s strongest and hardest ½-inch drywall, Habito combines the strength of old world plaster with the convenience of modern-day drywall. Able to hold incredible weight – up to 30 lbs. – on a single #10 wood screw, Habito offers a seamless way to mount and remount the newest televisions, speaker systems and other home electronics and décor. No predrilling, wall anchors or stud finders required.
- SMARTBATT™ with MoistureSense™ Technology - A first of its kind batt insulation that allows walls to ‘breathe,’ for effective moisture management and indoor air quality, helping to reduce the potential for mold growth and other moisture-related problems.
- InsulSafe® SP Attic Insulation – Thermally efficient, reduces home energy demand and costs, and is a sustainable product that contains recycled materials for complete indoor comfort.
To learn more about CertainTeed products, visit www.certainteed.com.
About HOME FREE
HOME FREE is produced by Critical Content and executive-produced by Tom Forman, George Verschoor, Brad Bishop, Andrew Marcus and Mike Holmes. The series will be distributed internationally by ELECTUS. For more information, visit www.fox.com/home-free and follow on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America’s leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 5,700 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. The group had total sales of approximately $3.3 billion in 2015. www.certainteed.com